Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011: lonely

I get so lonely at home without Jim. Mom is not much company. She is usually asleep when I'm home. I'll ask her what she did during the day, what she had for lunch and she doesn't remember. She is just not "present" anymore.

I have an appointment with a therapist. The earliest that I could get is March 21st. I know I need help coping with all this. She is also a social worker so she might be some help in finding resources in town.

Plus, I miss talking to Andy. Before Jim's fall, I'd talk to Andy about once a week. Now, it's nothing. My friend, Mary says that I'm being too hard on Andy. I don't think it's too much to ask for at least an occasional phone call. But, maybe it's too much for Andy. He's so happy with his girlfriend. I don't think he wants to face the reality of what is happening to Jim and me.

No comments: