Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 15, 2011

Today is Tuesday. I work until 5 PM today and then just go home. It's too hard to go to see Jim on Tuesdays. I wouldn't get there until 6 PM and I'd have to leave at 7 PM.

Yesterday I saw a new doctor, Dr Giray. She gave me a new prescription for wellbutrin to supplement zoloft. Hopefully, these medicines will allow me to function better.

I went after my appointment to visit Jim. He was in PT and sitting on edge of the table. He looked really good - his back was straight and his shoulders were back and he was balancing himself. He said he just "found" his lower back muscles.

We played "Hello Kitty Rummikub" after his PT. It's a kids' game and has thick cards that he can actually pick up (he slides them to the edge of the table to get a grip on them.). Then he got back into bed with the help of Claudia from PT and the CNA, Rachel. I worked on straightening his fingers for a while. Then fed him dinner, brushed his teeth, etc.

The shift change started at 3 PM. It was 6 PM and the CNA hadn't come in to check on Jim yet. I pressed the call button and Julianne came in. She could barely speak or understand English. She didn't know how to use the draw sheet. She almost pulled the bottom sheet off the bed trying to move Jim. She usually works on the other side of the home. I feel sorry for her patients.

I was just about to leave and Jim showed me that the holder that I made for his TV remote was missing. I looked all over his room for it. Then I gave up and rigged up another handle with elastic, a bandage, part of his boot, velcro and carpet tape. I didn't get home until 9 PM.

Mom was already asleep. But, she must have gotten up 3 times to go to the bathroom before I turned my light off at 11 PM. She can't possibly be getting a good night's sleep. It's no wonder she goes to bed so early.

No comments: