Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 18, 2011: Jim's new trick






The physical therapist, Lois has been working very hard with Jim. She has him on the mat learning to roll himself around. He can use his heel to help move himself plus use his arms.

She had him pull himself forward in the chair by holding on to a bar. Jim tried it without the bar when I came in. And he can do it! Leaning forward helps him shift his weight so his butt doesn't get so sore.
The photos show how Jim pulls himself forward.

He stayed in his chair for a long time on Friday since he didn't have as much pain. I even got him to go outside into the courtyard. I tell him that just staying in his room is boring. But, actually it's depressing to me and I bet it is to him, too.

3 comments:

DM said...

Each smalll improvement is something to celebrate.My prayers are with you and Jim. Darnell M

Anonymous said...

Looks like he is doing well. Keep it up, Joanne. Love,

Marguerite

Anonymous said...

oh wow I really hope "jim alvarez of vista ca" oops or your jim gets better!