Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4, 2011: Iced in!

Houston is covered in a layer of ice. No pretty fluffy snow here. Most of the freeways are closed down. I know Jim doesn't want me to drive in the ice. But, I worry that the nursing staff can't get in to take care of him today. I tried calling his room but no answer. I sure wish he could get the use of his hands back so that he could answer his own phone.

Lupita is willing to come watch Mom but she lives kind of far away. I may call Magda later and just stay with Jim tonight.

At least the power and internet are working today.

Kevin called from Japan. He hasn't heard from Andy either. I hope Andy hasn't gotten involved in some weird religion. There sure are lots of strange ones in Houston to choose from. I thought he had gotten past his addiction problems. I think religion can take advantage of people with addictive tendencies. I suppose religion is preferable to drugs or alcohol.

Andy said that he only wants to be with positive people. Maybe if Jim recovers fully or almost fully, he'll want a relationship with me again. Of course, I'll forgive him. I'm his mother. He has abandoned me during the greatest crisis of my life. I'll never be able to forget that. I guess I just want to blame something for his desertion. Maybe it's not religion or drugs. Maybe he really never grew up emotionally. That would be the saddest thing of all.

Since the internet is back up I should go work on the books for Jim's business and on our taxes. Yuck!

No comments: