Friday, December 10, 2010

December 10, 2010

The big news of the day: Jim wiggled his toes!! This is a major milestone. I also saw the muscle by his thumb twitching when he tried to move it. The physical therapists say this is getting the muscles to fire.

He won't be getting phys & occupational therapy over the weekend. That sucks. There are some activities tomorrow that I'll take him to - some games and crafts. Sunday there's a party.

Jim got his first shower tonight. 2 techs put him on a plastic sheet lined table and wheeled him into the shower. I stayed with him to protect him. So, Jim got washed by 3 women. He said it was not a dream come true at all!

I have to wash his clothes now. He doesn't have many since he's supposed to have larger than normal sizes. One of these days I'll need to go buy him some more.

I think that since I do his laundry, feed him, help exercise him I should at least get free parking. It's $12/day.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Great News! Toe wiggling on demand is a tremendous milestone. Don't worry about big clothes just bring things from his closet that are stretchy like sweat pants, t-shirts, sweatshirts and such. The weekends are the worst at these places because there are a lot of empty hours to fill. Encourage visitors on the weekends rather than during the week to help fill that time for him.