Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22, 2010

Nothing good to report. I'm totally exhausted. I got to the hospital by 9 AM and got home around 8 PM. Jim did make it through his therapy sessions without incident today.

He has moved to the side of the room by the window - there's more space there. I could actually use the chair that folds out into a bed.

I started the application process for social security disability insurance. I did it online but still have to wait for a call back.

I just read an information booklet on spinal cord injury. It has Christopher Reeves on the cover. According to this booklet, the spinal cord continues to get injured for days to weeks after the original injury. The initial trauma sets off a secondary wave of damage to the nerve cells and causes inflammation.

So, Jim may still be getting worse even now a month later. It is very disheartening. I thought the injury would be getting better as the swelling of the cord went down.

My eyes are tearing up and I'm just too tired to write any more tonight.

No comments: