Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 15, 2010 PM

We experienced our first family rounds today. The therapists and doctors, case and social workers spent 15 minutes talking to Jim and me about his progress. His pain is much better. His planned discharge date is 1/20/2011. Somehow by then I will have to get a vehicle with a wheelchair ramp, get a special wheelchair and put a special bed in the house. Plus, get caregivers for him and Mom. It is so overwhelming. The doctors tell me to take one day at a time. Unfortunately there aren't that many days left to make all these preparations.

Jim had a really crappy day today. He had diarrhea, got dizzy and vomited. He was just miserable.

He is using a motorized wheelchair now and learning to drive. It's just so incredibly difficult to see him so helpless.

I got my first lesson on how to catherize him today. My poor Jim.

No comments: