Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4, 2010 more baby steps


The picture shows Jim with his 2 occupational therapists yesterday. The therapy is working because this morning Jim is able to feel me touch his hand and fingers. He can't differentiate which finger that I'm touching yet. At least I can hold his hand and he is aware of it.

The nurse, Tosha, just cleaned his mouth. They have a gizmo that suctions and brushes his teeth and tongue.

The PT doctor (John Anigbogu) ordered Lyrica for him this morning. It is supposed to help with nerve pains. His nerves are sometimes randomly firing and he gets pains in different parts of his body.

It's 11:30 AM and I'm letting him nap until the physical therapists arrive to mess with him. Before I tried to keep him awake by talking and turning on the TV. The doctor thinks he should be more alert. Jim requires less pain med now, too.

Today is one of my ASG parties. It's the city-wide party. I miss seeing all my friends. Next Saturday is our neighborhood group party. Hopefully, life will deal us a better hand in 2011 and I can participate again.

No comments: