Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 20, 2010 PM

I got home around 8:30 tonight. Jim just didn't want me to leave him and I hated to go. Today is the anniversary of the day we met and our first date. It's been 13 years today. Unlucky 13, I guess.

Jim is starting to get pretty depressed. Who could blame him? One day he's walking around and the next he is a quadriplegic. He was always so concerned with being safe. We had handrails put in our shower. He was a careful driver, never participated in any risky sports. He just walked into the bathroom and then had to be carried out.

Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day with him. He has OT at 9 AM. Then there are family rounds at 10:30. All his doctors, therapists, etc. go into a conference room and give us a 15 minute review of Jim's progress. At 1 PM he has PT then functional group.

He'll probably fall asleep after all this. I'm going to bring my laptop with me and work on his social security disability claim while he naps. It has so many questions.

One good thing today - my son, Andy called me. He feels stressed out because of this catastrophe, too. And tomorrow my son, Kevin and his wife will be flying in from Tokyo. We will still celebrate Christmas morning together.

No comments: