Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4, 2010 evening

I left Jim in good hands tonight. His night nurse is Arnold. He took good care of Jim on the first night on the neurology floor.

I feel bad leaving Jim alone at night. But, I have to get home and take care of things at home. Tonight I'm answering his emails and going over bills. I'm using his computer right now - a pc, yucky.

I have to spend lots of $ to have a caregiver with Mom for 12 hours a day. She is really nervous right now and can't be alone.

I only have about an hour a day to do stuff at home. When I leave the hospital, I'm just drained of energy. Perhaps when I'm not so upset I'll get more accomplished.

I drove by pretty Christmas lights on my way home and realized Jim will still be in a hospital at Christmas. Fortunately I am looking forward to my son, Kevin and his wife, Tomoko coming to visit soon. I wish I could show Tomoko how we really celebrate Christmas. I love to decorate and bake lots of cookies. At least I have most of the presents made or purchased. Hopefully, we will be able to celebrate a fun Christmas in the future.

No comments: