Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010 PM

I got to the hospital at 1:30 today. Jim was in PT. He had a substitute therapist. Jim was just letting her move his legs around. She didn't know that Jim could wiggle his toes or lift his arms. He needs to communicate with the therapists and make the best use of the time that Aetna will allow him to stay at TIRR. I can't be there with him all the time.

After PT I took Jim for his first trip to the hospital gift shop. We returned to his room and he got back in bed and fell asleep.

I can't leave until the afternoon tomorrow so I'm going to try to work till 5. It was difficult to keep my mind on my work today. It was like when I came home in the beginning days. I would feel frozen and just stare. I couldn't think about anything but Jim.

Hopefully, I will get over this feeling at the office soon. I have lots of work to catch up on. Life has to go on even if it is a sad, lonely life right now.

Jim slept okay last night. He was in much better spirits today.

No comments: